Thousands of visitors flocked to this weekend’s spectacular Galloway Country Fair – enjoying everything from stunt riders to sheep racing.
There was even a DJ set by Karen Dunbar from a mobile disco built into a Land Rover.
The attractions included:
- Riders of the Storm – daredevil equine acrobatics
- Flyin’ Ryan – amazing motorbike stunts
- The Lamb National – sheep racing, with the chance for you to take part
- The ever-popular dog show, where people parade dogs of every possible shape and size
- The Kids’ Zone with loads of free stuff for children, including face painting
- Food and drink of every kind
- Gundog scurries – open to every kind of dog that wants to have a go.
- Retriever and spaniel tests, putting highly trained working dogs through their paces.
Taking place at Drumlanrig Castle and Country Estate, Dumfries and Galloway, on 12 & 13 August, it once again hosted Defender Jam, a giant jamboree of all things Land Rover.
Anna Fergusson, Drumlanrig Estate Director, said: “It was a really fun weekend, with huge amounts to do and see. And some of the main arena events – like the motorbike stunts and horseback acrobatics – were truly breath-taking.
“It was great seeing so many families – often with their dogs – enjoying a great day out at Drumlanrig Castle and Country Estate.
“The fair is always a chance to relax and enjoy all the best about country life, as well as tucking into superb food and looking round all the arts and crafts.”
Galloway Country Fair sponsors include SP Energy Networks, Foresight, Community Wind Power Ltd, and Lloyd Ltd.
Visitors can save 10% off gate prices by booking online before Saturday 12th August.
Visit www.gallowaycountryfair.co.uk for further information and keep up to date with the latest news, or check out @GallowayCountryFair on Facebook and Instagram.
- Pictures by Tony Marsh.
Notes for editors
- Principal Sponsors: SP Energy Networks www.spenergynetworks.co.uk
- Main Sponsor: Community Windpower www.communitywindpower.co.uk
- Main Ring Sponsor: Lloyd www.lloyd.ltd.uk
- Craft Marquee: Baywa www.baywa-re.co.uk/en/
- Clays: Roxtons www.roxtons.com
- Demo Kitchen: Booker www.booker.co.uk/home
- Kids’ area: Reigart
About SP Energy Networks
- As a Transmission & Distribution network operator SP Energy Networks keeps electricity flowing to over six million customers across 3.5 million homes and businesses throughout Central and Southern Scotland, Merseyside, Cheshire, North & Mid-Wales and North Shropshire.
- It does this through its network of over 110,000km of power cables and 30,000 substations across its licence areas and it is investing approximately £7 billion into the electricity network to create a better future, quicker for customers and communities.
- The transmission network collects renewable electricity generated from Windfarms, Solar PV and traditional power stations and transports it through our vast transmission network. This is where SP Energy Networks transforms high voltage electricity to the low voltage needed for use in homes and businesses.
About Community Windpower
- Community Windpower is at the forefront of wind energy development in the UK with over 1.5 gigawatts (GW) built, under construction and in development.
- CWL currently has eight operational wind farms producing a combined total of just over 300 megawatts (MW) of clean, green electricity for Scotland. We are currently constructing our 9th wind farm, Sneddon Law Community Wind farm. CWL also has three sites currently in planning with the Scottish Ministers. These sites being Scoop Hill, Sanquhar II and Faw Side Community Wind Farms.
- We believe in an open and consultative approach with local host communities during all stages of the development process to ensure clean energy is generated to meet local energy needs.
For media information about Galloway Country Fair contact Matthew Shelley – [email protected] or 07786 704299