After months on hold, the Scottish heritage sector is looking to rebuild. A major part of the challenge will be to raise awareness and bring in visitors.
SFPR is offering heritage attractions and organisations a free half-day media and marketing health check. These identify strengths and weaknesses in their current operations and cost-effective ideas for the way ahead.
If you like our ideas, we can design a package of support tailored to your needs.
As Covid-19 restrictions ease, people will be looking for places to go and things to do. The Scottish heritage sector has much to offer – authentic experiences, remarkable locations, wonderful stories and amazing people.
But there’s a lot of competition and value for money will be a big focus. So it’s essential to ensure that:
- Your marketing is attractive and effective
- You use the best channels to reach potential visitors/customers
- Branding and presentation are consistent
- Promotional materials are up to date and appealing.
Lockdown has accelerated the shift towards online sources of information and news.SFPR can help you engage with an online audience and promote your attraction as a “must” for visitors. We can also help you build your online brand and persona – giving that all-important sense of who you are as well as what you offer.Clare Bridson, our social media consultant, supports clients to make the most of online opportunities by:
- Reviewing and auditing their current digital presence and approach
- Ensuring social media and digital marketing reaches the right people
- Creating a suite of hashtags and marketing collateral
- Designing and managing online advertising campaigns
- Auditing websites for the best possible ranking.
Promoting your business or attraction
There are many forms of promotion worth thinking about – offline and online. Traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, TV and radio still have a strong influence.
SFPR can identify the best channels for your needs and budget, then create and run campaigns. Where clients have a media and marketing team, we slot in alongside them. Where they don’t, we provide the short or long-term expertise they need.
Clare, and SFPR colleague Matthew Shelley, can advise on:
- Media strategies
- News releases
- Social media platforms
- Social media campaigns
- Media and promotional photography
- Advertising campaigns
- Promotional offers and competitions
- Working with the media
- Attracting bloggers for reviews
- Listings services
- Online groups
- Publicising events
- Stakeholder and funder relations
- Email databases
- Image libraries
- Graphic design
- Media training.
For information about SFPR and to find out more about our free media and marketing health check telephone 07786 704299 or email Matthew@ScottishFestivalsPR.Org.